Climate change impacts our planet from time to time and that’s why it’s important to take care of our environment by starting in our own home. With that being said, we should proactively do recycling, reducing, pollution, and minimize our water and energy consumption.
This can not only help our environment, but can also let you save cash for future uses. In this article, we’re going to tackle five simple ways towards green living.
Get a Low Flow Shower Head
- Installing low flow shower heads is one way to reduce water consumption. They just work like ordinary water head’s though but only more efficient. Which means you’ll see less of your water bill pilling up quickly month after month.
Use LED Lights
- Incandescent light bulbs eat a lot of energy which can make your electric bill soar rocket high. Not only that, they also need to be replaced regularly because of their short life span. That’s why it’s better to use LED lights because of them being energy-efficient, and has a longer life span that can last up to ten years. Since LED lights can last for up to a decade, you don’t need to worry of changing your light bulbs year after year.
Walk/Cycle Your Way to Work
- About 27% of green gas emissions are caused by cars or any kinds of transportation that has gas. Save planet earth by cycling or walking your way around the city. Either you’re visiting a loved one, shopping, or going to work, taking the road by bikes or foot can save you money and improve your health at the same time.
Spice Up Your Garden with Native Trees
- Trees can help fight climate change because they absorb harmful CO2 water in the air, which is then combined with water and to be released as oxygen. That’s why you should consider planting a lot of trees in your garden. One large tree can provide enough oxygen to four people. But in what way do these trees can help you save money? With trees, no need to turn on that AC during a hot day because tress can provide natural shade for your home. Trees can also increase your property’s value which is a must-have for your outdoor space.
Use a Power Strip
- Many of us think that our gadgets are not using electricity when being turned off. But in reality, these gadgets use phantom power when plugged into a wall. This is where Power Strips come into play. Power strips ensures that all your devices are completely turned off at night or when you leave your home. Using them creates a huge difference to your electric bill and your wallet will probably thank you later.